The green valleys of have numerous attractions, which is one of the primary reason that a lot of tourist come here; year after year. There is one more reason that has a lot of travelers coming back to this beautiful hill-station. It is the huge number of Ooty restaurants that serve everything from local delicacies to foreign cuisines. Most of the people who come over here are enchanted by the beauty of the place first; then they are lost in the amazing taste of the food. Since the hill-station gets visitors around the year, it is very obvious that the eateries will have to be creative, hygienic and shouldn’t be over priced.
Though, a lot of restaurants open up each year, but few Ooty restaurants are considered to be the best among all the options. These are;
1. Shinkows: Chicken rolls and Chicken noodles, with fried pieces of delicious chickens in them is the way this Chinese restaurant serves its customers. This is the most talked about and the favorite place for the Chinese food aficionados, which is mostly popular because of its low priced menu. It is being said that a platter of chicken noodles or fried rice is very filling for two people while it costs only Rs 100/-.
2. Kabob Korner: This is the perfect restaurant for non-vegetarians who are tired of eating south Indian delicacies and are eager to sample various non-vegetarian dishes. This restaurant serves sumptuous and perfectly grilled lamb and chicken kabobs. Feast on these spicy and succulent kebabs along with delicious naan. Reasonably priced, you wouldn’t feel guilty for once indulging in gluttony at this amazing eatery. This place has definitely done its bit for Ooty tourism.
3. Dominos: A well known chain of Pizzas, this is located in the center of the city and it delivers not just to the homes, but it also delivers right to the hotel room. Thus if one wishes to have Pizza from this place, all he has to do is dial and place an order. The Pizza will be delivered to the hotel room in sometime. However, some of the hotels do not allow the Dominos staff to enter their premises for making a delivery. In such a case, the guest has to walk to the gate and receive the Pizza by himself.
4. Quality Restaurants: These are two Ooty restaurants that are situated in Ooty as well as Coonoor. They are known for the buffet they arrange every morning, noon and night for their guests and visitors. The buffet is a very fine value for the money spent here. People would get both the choices of vegan and non-vegan buffets here, which makes it further more amicable for the foodies.
5. C-Store: Mostly flocked by the college students, this place is very popular with the low budget travelers as well, since the prices are very less. The paneer fingers are the most recommended delicacies of this place while sandwiches, pizzas, parathas and the thalis are the items that must be tasted. Ooty tourism supports these kinds of small eateries, which serve delicacies with utmost quality.
Little about author:
This guest post is submitted by Chandralekha. Chandralekha is a Travel enthusiast, currently working with ixigo.com, an online India Travel Guide helps you to plan your trip to India. Hope the information shared about Ooty tourism may help to plan your trip. Apart from this she also writes to guide train travelers on irctc railway reservation, pnr status & all the Indian railways related stuff.